internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: parade in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: parade in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:52:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Lance A. Brown wrote:

+So, how did it turn out? Anyone know?
+
+--[Lance]

i was on my way to pick up my son from boys choir and ran into 'the
parade.' almost no one was there. maybe 50 on the large side. about half
seemed to be gay folks walking as friends of straights supporting the
rights of straights to marry etc. there was a banner carried by someone
in a beaver costume and by someone eventually in a cock (rooster) costume.
there were a couple of pickup truck with blown-up sex dolls in the back and
some ballons.
i didn't hang around but it looked like a really dumb-ass (dum-as) thing.
even the people driving the g105 trucks seemed embarrassed. the only ones
having fun and smiling and waving signs were gay.
but don't rely on me. see also
http://www.pamspaulding.com/showgram.htm which includes picture and
commentary by someone who spend more time there and was more interested
than i wa.

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071