internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Obama drama?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Obama drama?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:45:36 -0400

Sil Greene said the following on 7/29/04 1:31 AM:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/29/politics/campaign/29candidate.html

"Taking the Republican nomination in Illinois for the U.S. Senate under the current circumstances would be akin to accepting a cancer transplant," said Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald, the Republican whose decision to step down after six years has left his seat in contention.

What struck me was the quote by Ryan's runner up in the primary, who
may end up being the republican candidate (talking about Obama's speech
last night):

"I didn't think it was anything except a lot of liberal extremism," Mr.
Oberweis said. As long as the Republicans choose a candidate soon, Mr.
Oberweis said, a legitimate fight is still possible."

If he thought that speech was "liberal extremism" then a) he's got his
head in the sand, and b) the election will be a cakewalk (for Obama).
(How can you say that calling for a unified america is "liberal extremism?!?)

Cheers,
Tanner