internetworkers - [internetworkers] WTB: handheld GPS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] WTB: handheld GPS
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:11:01 -0500

That "B" is a "Borrow," not a "buy," or at least, not yet ;-)

A friend & I want to do some backcountry hiking later this Spring, and
have been discussing the potential advantages/merits of handheld GPS
units to cross-country route-finding. However, neither of us own such a
thing, nor do any of our immediate circle of friends, and neither of us
has several hundred spare dollars to buy one just to play with for a few
weekends. Seeing the INW love of all things geek-toy, I was wondering
if anyone had a small, backpacker-friendly GPS unit they would be
willing to lend to me for a month or so? If you're not using it?

Always worth asking,
Paula

  • [internetworkers] WTB: handheld GPS, childers . paula, 04/01/2004