internetworkers - [internetworkers] Neo-Architect Dialog

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Neo-Architect Dialog
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:37:14 -0400

Here's the dialog between Neo and the Architect from the "Matrix Reloaded."
Discuss.

http://www.geocities.com/clark_kent0002/

<snip/>
"You are the eventuality of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I
have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical
precision." -- The Architect
<snip/>

BTW, I found the Matrix movies much more interesting when I stopped thinking
about the Matrix's software as just VR computer programs and started thinking
about all cultural processes/algorithms (baptisms, taxes, job interviews,
driving through traffic, etc.) as not-very-distant cousins of the software we
write. While the Matrix Reloaded asked: "Do we control the machines, or do
they control us," the more interesting question is "do we control the
processes/algorithms/rituals/software, or do they control us."

But then, I'm a software guy, not a hardware guy.

Cheers!

Michael D. Thomas
Author: "Oracle XSQL"
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471271209.html
Speaker: TriXML Conference, July 25th-26th
http://www.trixml.org/confindex.shtml

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are
and then live with that decision."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt