internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] thought police in chapel hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] thought police in chapel hill
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:08:39 -0400

I will weigh in here since the people in the story are friends of mine.

First, the story was initially broken/written by a friend of mine, Jon
Elliston. I frequently disagree with Jon's point of view and would point
you to his other stories. I will simply point you to a google search on
him: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=jon+elliston

As you can see, Jon has a specific point of view which is very
anti-government, anti-law enforcement and conspiratorial.

Don't beleive me, then look at this one:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=jon+elliston+governme
nt+conspiracy

Onward to the situation. Steve Anson, who is mentioned and interviewed, is
a Chapel Hill Police Officer and is a member of the High Tech Crimes Task
Force for the FBI. He was in Florida when this happened, but for some
reason has been suspended with pay.

Brian Walker and John Moore are both Chapel Hill Police Officers and have
both been recruited by the FBI to be members of the same task force. They
are currently waiting for their paperwork to clear.