internetworkers - Re: Digital cash, micro-payments and

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Digital cash, micro-payments and
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:35:27 -0400

But, again speaking of advocating...
Rural electrification was achived in large part through local co-operatives such as Piedmont Electric, which >serves parts of Carrboro and most of Orange County.
I thought that rural electrification was achieved through huge companies ability to establish a 60 cycles per second, AC standard, and government subsidies, funded by taxs, similar to the universal service tax on our phone bills.

And while I'm advocating (I hope there's no punishment for doing this!-), 1940's era NTSC standard for television, comes to mind, that RCA pushed through. NTSC, which still haunts/lives with us today, more than a half century later, was, the birth of an industry. Television wouldn't have been possible without the standard, right?
Ed Wesolowski