internetworkers - Re: Access on Linux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Access on Linux
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:52:39 -0400

On Friday 26 April 2002 01:48 pm, you wrote:
> Has anyone had any success running Access on Linux using WINE or other
> emulation solution? If so, does it work? I'm especially interest to know
> if all the network features work, assuming it runs at all.

This isn't "Access compliant", but there's an access-like project called
"rekall" at:

http://www.thekompany.com/projects/rekall/

"Rekall is a programmable, personal Database Management System (DBMS) for KDE
and KOffice. With Rekall you will be able to quickly and easily build
database applications using Rekall forms and reports. A full complement of
widgets means that applications built in Rekall will be able to have the look
and feel of any other application. Rekall applications can be extended in
their functionality to perform virtually any task via embedded Python as a
scripting language. "

--
Michael Czeiszperger
czei AT webperformanceinc.com