internetworkers - Re: Access on Linux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Andrew Phillips <aphillips AT buildscape.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Access on Linux
  • Date: 26 Apr 2002 14:38:04 -0400

from Codeweavers website:
http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=12&versionId=335

--SNIP--
Description
Works with Wine 20010510 and Windows98SE installed. Even complex VBA
apps work nearly perfectly.

Minor problems with drawing windows.

File locking does not seem to work correctly. The following error
appears occasionally: "The Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the
file 'C:\filename.mdb' It is already opened exclusively by another user
or you need permission to view the data."
--END SNIP--

you should be fine, I'd test it of course first before putting it in
production, but you already know that... these are not the droids you're
looking for.

-Andrew
Andrew Phillips
Applications Developer