internetworkers - Re: Access on Linux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <paulcory AT mac.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Access on Linux
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:31:41 -0400

Access on linux just really scares me. Sorry for going OT.

Me, too. :-)
Why not try porting to a different Database?
This will eventually happen. However, there is a here-and-now need to put an access database on a server. If we could run Access on Linux, then we could fulfill the need and not have to change OS platforms later. If not, the server has to start as Win2k, go into production use, and then be switched over to Linux: not a solution I'm particularly happy with.

Paul