internetworkers - Re: Access on Linux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Andrew Phillips <aphillips AT buildscape.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Access on Linux
  • Date: 26 Apr 2002 14:04:09 -0400

Access on linux just really scares me. Sorry for going OT.

Why not try porting to a different Database? Unless you're using the
Access front-end, then.. um.. why not port to a different database with
a pretty gtk or web based front-end? ;)

The last time I've dealt with Access was with a bank a worked for, they
wanted an application written in Access. I spent over 3 weeks telling
them they didn't want that, damn thick heads.

-Andrew

Andrew Phillips
Applications Developer
aphillips AT buildscape.com