internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: 02 Oct 2001 06:41:04 -0400

Actually I think the more appropriate quite to sum that one up is

"I disagree with everything you're saying, but I'd die for your right to
say it"

Which I think was Thomas Pane, but I could be wrong.

I agree to a certain point. Support peace protesters, defend the right
to do so, but when the terrorists crash a plane into the peace protest,
I'll probably be more inspired to say I told you so than stage another
peace protest.

This is religious to the people who directly commit these acts, in the
Jerry Fallwell sense of religion. To the people who commence them, its
about power, religion is an excuse. The appeasement analogy holds.

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
- fix java generics!

vote.