internetworkers - Re: Clinton's Digital Divide NewMarkets Tour

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ruby Sinreich <rubyji AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Clinton's Digital Divide NewMarkets Tour
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:02:48 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure where you got the idea that my distaste for the President and
his capitalist priorities mean that I do not think this is an important
issue that needs to be addressed. In fact, it's been the focus of my work
for the past 3 years!

But for the record, I don't think the main reason that technology needs to
be democratized is so that people can spend more money.

= Ruby