internetworkers - [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison at netscape.net (Beth)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls
  • Date: Thu Feb 13 14:26:18 2003

Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com> wrote:

>But why don't you consider getting broadband access, such as Earthlink
>or Road Runner cable Internet, instead of a phone line? ?Or even DSL
>service from Bellsouth?

I'm thinking about all of those options, yo. Just can't make up my mind.
Bottom line pretty much needs to be cost. Cheapest one wins. I'm not that
concerned with uber-fast downloads and always being connected--I just simply
need to be able to receive and send files for an upcoming editing job.

I haven't had a computer at home for months now and it's amazing how much
more stuff I do. I read! I see friends! I clean the house! (yeah, right) I
drink more! The only reason I need to get online at home is for work.
Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I'm online all freaking day at work. Enough is
enough.

>A phone line costs about $22/mo. minimum. ?Dialup Internet service costs
>about $15/month minimum. ?That's $37/mo. ?For just $41.95/mo. you can
>have Earthlink cable service which gives you much much faster speed, the
>always-on connection, etc. ?It's been well worth it in my opinion!

If my new employer provides me with an account through their ISP, I'll go
with the phone line, definitely. Otherwise, I'll compare prices for cable and
DSL.

I've heard complaints about Roadrunner, though. Anybody got big yays or boos
for them?

Beth

http://webmail.netscape.com/