homestead - [Homestead] ideas needed

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] ideas needed
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:16:23 -0700 (PDT)

I've been organizing socket wrenches and discovered I'm having trouble
reading the sizes. If I buy new ones I will get the ones with large markings
but trying to find a way to make easy to read labels on those I already have.
I'm thinking about painting the sizes on the side then coating with something
to protect the paint. I'm sure that anything I put on will wear off but
hopefully will last long enough to make it worth doing.
Not sure what material to coat with. Any ideas?
Also any other ideas that might work.

Also have a lot of pipes with broken stems. Wondering if anyone has ideas
for a readily obtainable material that I can make some out of.
I have a booklet about casting hard rubber but checking on line haven't found
anything that seems to be available for making that out of.
Would casting resin work?
Any other ideas.

Van Dell