homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's Hash This Out..

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's Hash This Out..
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:39:23 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; I agree with Lynda that patriotism ISN'T "my country right or wrong".I admire the ideals the country is based on, so I guess that's why I like people like Ron Paul...I'd hoped that Obama, with his strong background in the Constitution, would try to get back to it (he seems to have missed most of the important points of the Constitution). I respect people who deserve respect (but I don't bad mouth or name-call those I don't respect).

But do you or do you not feel that the Office itself is due respect, regardless of the person holding the office? I feel that is does.

I think
we should always hold our leaders to a highter standard, and boy have a LOT of them not lived up to even the lowest standards of behavior! I had hopes that Obama would be different, it amuses me that his personal staff often don't have a clue how to run the White House, and end up doing some pretty dumb classless stuff (the Ipod to the Queen, US-format DVDs to Prime Minister, etc)...it's like someone let the teenagers run the store while mom and dad were out. Obama has not been the 'change' that he promised, even with Congree on his side. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but there are far bigger powers than the President in this country.

I agree and I appreciate your thoughts.

I think a lot of us have come to realize that whatever decisions WE make about healthcare, or torture, or any other topic, don't matter much.

It may not matter, but you have at least formed an opinion...

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA