homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's Hash This Out..

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's Hash This Out..
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:27:44 -0400

I totally understand and respect that, Jeanne. If I were 74, I wouldn't even listen to the news or weather, I don't think.

Jeanne Driese wrote:
My ideas are probably not what you are looking for, but here goes
anyway! First of all I do read most of the things that get written on
this list about the political goings on in our country. Most of what
is talked about I really do not understand or recognize, as I do not
watch the news or read a newspaper. My vote was for Obama because I
thought he might be able to accomplish something, but deep in my
heart I felt it would probably not work because he would not be able
to overcome the "few" who run the world these days. That being said I
now get very personal....at my age of 74, I, at best, have probably
about 20 years left in this lifetime. Keeping that thought in mind
it makes me think long and hard about where I want to spend my time
and energy. My goal for the remainder of my life is to be happy and
enjoy the things I consider important at this stage in my life.
Things like getting involved in my local Farmers Market by serving on
their advisory board. Much of my time is spent in meditation trying
to raise the vibration level of the planet and not try and "figure"
out who is doing what and why! It will be considered by most to be a
head in the sand approach. While James gets his peace and happiness
from the way he gardens, etc, he still has time to be informed and is
willing to offer his opinions when he talks. It amazes me how much
this group knows about what is going on in the world and I will
continue to read, but the time for me to ponder how and why I would
want to change " things " is no longer a vital part of my life,
unless it concerns local food or sustainable gardening. My pet
project right now is helping to sew cloth bags that our organic
gardening group make, and I sell at the farmers market, to help
alleviate the use of plastic bags in our life. So there you have it.
My take on politics and life. In peace, gratitude and love, Jeanne