homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken farm pollution

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken farm pollution
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:53:13 -0500

> Why were these steaks so much more flavorful, so much tastier, even the
> 'fat ' of the steaks was fantastic. Normally steaks graded like I said do
> taste fine, but not fantastic. How do I buy fantastic tasting steaks in
> the future , from market?
to me.

Maybe they came from the same animal and it happened to have a better
flavor? Chances are higher of that happening at a butcher shop than a
grocery store.

I'm still eating store bought beef. I don't eat much of it, deferring
to home-grown chicken, pork and goat. I'm hoping to get enough land in
good pasture this year to start a beef calf. Major goal.

Try some well raised grass-fed beef from a local grower and see how
you like that....then you could buy a quarter or half. You have no way
of knowing much of the history of the meat you buy at a market.

Rob - Va