homestead - [Homestead] An interesting outlook

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] An interesting outlook
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:45:18 -0700

I found this site thru a different list.
http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

Here's an example-

>>If you plug in $850 to the Minneapolis Fed inflation calculator http://www.minneapolisfed.org/Research/data/us/calc/index.cfm , and the year 1980 and simply adjust for inflation to 2007, you'll see that in order for gold to make a new high today, it would need to exceed $2,128.09 per ounce.

So here's your homework Go to the Google News Search Engine and look up gold. Now, click on any of the stories about gold hitting new highs. Then, using your browsers word search function, look for the word inflation in each story.

It's my view that if a report deals with gold prices from 1980 (the last time it was over $800) and doesn't mention the inconvenient truth about inflation and the fraud of a 'strong dollar policy' then the reporter is either in league with the Powers That Be, or should go back to writing obits until they can at least report reasonable context.<<

I don't think about inflation when I see current gold prices, gasoline or bread prices. Good point if you ask me.

It's not too late to think about getting next years garden ready.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA