homestead - Re: [Homestead] California

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] California
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:05:40 -0800

Now see, here in California we don't even pay any attention to the wrecks on Hwy. 5. There are several of those every year. If the fog doesn't do it, the dust storms do.

Now, if you want really bad/weird fog, you drive out in the Fairfield-Suisun area where the tule fog instantly appears and everyone who drives the area comes to a complete stop and just waits. It is straight out of the Twilight Zone! All these cars that you can sort of hear but you can't see a thing. You can get out of your car and hold your hand out in front of your face and you can't see it. Really creapy!

Lynda, who got stuck there once late at night with 5 horses, 2 dogs and 6 kids.

LOL, Gene, I can't help myself...I have to top that story with one a few
years old that happened a few miles from here...GA has it all, too. ;)
http://ngeorgia.com/feature/I75_wreck.html

125 vehicles
4 dead
fog to blame...