homestead - Re: [Homestead] O.K., Computer Guru ?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] O.K., Computer Guru ?
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:18:37 -0400

Lynda,
I found a neat little program that works on your desktop. It resizes photos up and down via a drag and drop technique. If you pull them off the camera at 1000kb, you can make them 50 or 100 or 500 or 2000 just by changing the name of the program, and you can resize a whole folder of pictures at once. It's really easy. Here's the information and a link at the bottom to where you can download the FREE program.
http://www.rw-designer.com/photo-resizer-advanced

Bev

Lynda wrote:
O.K., Tim, can I pester you one more time? When I scan pictures into the computer, they take up about 11 KBs. When I take them off the camera or the CDs (old type camera), they are anywhere from 350 to 900 KBs. Is there any way to shrink the silly things so they don't take up so much room and so they can be sent via old dial up? Or do I need to print them and then scan them?

BTW, thanks for all the help!!!!!!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Oppenheim" <timopp AT gmail.com>

Sure, They are awesome. A 1 gig drive ( less than $20 at Target)
holds a huge amount of data. Another trick is to get a free gmail
account and mail yourself your important files. They have 2 + gig
capacity and you can just leave the files up there until you need them.

External drives that hold 100 + gigs of data are available for less
that $120.