homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very, very quiet

  • From: "Lisa K. V. Perry" <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very, very quiet
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:29:06 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

We can and dehydrate and freeze some, but the main ploy is to eat peaches until we slosh with them and dream about them the rest of the time.

A friend of mine made peach wine last summer with 10# of peaches, she uses champagne yeast and it ends up making a light, slightly bubbly, refreshing glass in the summer. I got to sample the product made the summer before. If we get peaches this year, some of ours will be earmarked for peach wine.

Lisa