homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:47:35 EDT

In a message dated 10/30/2004 12:13:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

>At what point do we recognize we are citizens of the
>world, not just the US and at what point do we realize that allowing the
>unchecked development of power and weapons of a madman will eventual bring
>a FAR more powerful enemy down on us.

Tell us about Africa, Drew. Tell us what Bush is doing there to show that
we are citizens of the world.

Well, Gene, I was responding to a post on terrorism, not specifically on our
humanitarian projects, but If you need to change the subject, then I
understand we are by far the largest financial , food and supply contributors
to the
address problems in Africa. If you are looking for us to send troops, that
may
well be in the offing. I just want to know where your UN is at right now
though. They don't want to send troops to Afghanistan, ok, no troops to Iraq,
Ok,
but does not the UN exist specifically to prevent what is going on in Africa
now??? Why nothing from them???? These are the people President Kerry is
going
to wait on before wiping his backside. I guess if he wins, we can just write
off Africa entirely while waiting on the UN to give us the okey dokey to help
those poor people.

Drew