homestead - RE: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:18:58 -0700

Thanks James, here's a link to that worthless information:
http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/~sara/html/mapping/election/map.html

Hey, that was fun. Gee, I wonder how many American citizens within one year of the legal voting age would have voted for each candidate. We should also know how many legal voters are legally wacko. How about competent? Think about it. Bubba's vote based on who he thinks drinks the best brand of beer carries exactly as much weight as a lady with PhDs in political science, economics, and international relations and who donates all her salary to charity.

Maybe the founding fathers were on the right track when they considered land ownership as a criterion of voter eligibility.

Personally, I think Bubba should get two-fifths of a vote. Three-fifths if he drinks micro-brew.