homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:33:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/04 8:30:49 AM, genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

<< I don't joke about serious matters. I do read a lot, though, and it seems
to me that what our government is calling terrorists are now killing more
Americans than ever before, on a regular day to day basis. I prefer to call
them Islamic extremist criminals. Their complaint seems to be that we have
intruded into the affairs of their sovereign part of the world. It seems to
me that they are using the excuse of our Iraq invasion to prove that to
potential recruits. So, yes, I believe that through the invasion the
president has incited them and has given them a strong recruitment tool. >>

Gee, wasn't the "ignore him and he'll just kill people over there and leave
us alone" the arguement that kept us from stepping on Hitler before he had
taken most of Europe??? At what point do we recognize we are citizens of the
world, not just the US and at what point do we realize that allowing the
unchecked
development of power and weapons of a madman will eventual bring a FAR more
powerful enemy down on us.

Drew

Drew