gmark - Re: [GMark] Language and Style of Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [GMark] Language and Style of Mark
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:38:02 -0500

?

Peter Head wrote:

> Thanks Bridget,
>
> I was thinking more of a lecture or two on the narrative strategy (probably
> Danove will fit better there). Perhaps I shall request more help in a week
> or two!!!
>
> As a discussion point: Imagine you have 10-12 lectures on Mark. What topics
> would you cover?

Certainly the "messianic secret", the role of the disciples,? the
relationship between Markan and Pauline Theology, the
relationship between Mark's Gospel and the Gospel of Caesar (see C.A. Evans
discussions of this), and the claim of Marcus
and others that the context and occasion of GMark is the Jewish War (with
side glances at how Mk. 13 fits into this
context and serves as a polemic against the claims of the Zealots and their
Zion theology).

Yours,

Jeffrey
--