freetds - Re: [freetds] Appveyor Builds & Testing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, pymssql-ml <pymssql AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Appveyor Builds & Testing
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 16:11:47 -0300

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Updates:
> - merged PR for discovery last OpenSSL version;
> - all tests now work correctly;
> - build now fails if tests fail to execute;
> - updated tds protocol for tests to 7.3 (mssql 2012) do test new types
> and all feature of test server;
> - added missing includes to artifacts generated by AppVeyor

This is wonderful. Thanks Frediano.

I somehow had the idea the GitHub integration with hosted CI providers
at the UI level was more explicit for work dode in the main branch of
a project.

Definitely it's biased towards the PR workflow because the UI feedback
about CI results there is definitely more visible.

The CI status of a branch can be seen in the 'Branches' [1]tab of the
GitHub project main page. The attached image shows master branch as of
now (All-green. Yay!)

Also, there are [2]dynamically-generated gif/svg/png badges available. e.g.:

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/status/github/freetds/freetds?branch=master

Perhaps they can be added to some HTML document?

Also, maybe it's time to revive the dedicated mailing list for CI
notifications idea [3]from March 2014 now that we have two CI
platforms? Unfortunately Appveyor [4]doesn't suppport notifications
via IRC like Travis.

Regards and thanks again,

1. https://github.com/FreeTDS/freetds/branches
2.