freetds - [freetds] Question on TDS and compatibility on SQL 2012

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Norman Chan <nochan AT ksbe.edu>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Question on TDS and compatibility on SQL 2012
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 00:15:46 +0000

Hello,

I am new to FREETDS. I'm working on as DBA Admin and owner of database on
SQL 2000 sp3
We are currently using PHP version is 5.2.6 running on OSX Server using
FreeTDS<http://www.freetds.org/> (ver 0.82) to communicate with MS SQL Server
2000.

Can someone confirm my understanding of TDSfree? It's an API that works with
SQL Server... Underneath the hood - it uses TDS specification to access the
SQL Server database. (Therefore it does not need to have SQL Server Native
Client drives, etc installed on machine housing webserver/php )

Separately:
I wanted to ask the group if anyone has setup TDSfree with SQL 2012?

Thank you for any help and info

This message is the property of Kamehameha Schools and any attachments are
confidential to the intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has
been addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy,
forward, disclose or use any part of this message or its attachments. If you
received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail or contact Kamehameha Schools at 808 523 6200 and then delete this
message from your system.