freetds - Re: [freetds] patches, releases, git (was Re: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010))

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] patches, releases, git (was Re: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010))
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 19:38:21 +0000

2012/3/5 Craig A. Berry <craigberry AT mac.com>:

> On Mar 4, 2012, at 2:11 PM, James K. Lowden wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 08:27:29 -0500
>> Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On that topic, is there now a branch/tag structure that port
>>> maintainers can now follow too? For instance something like a
>>> 091-stable branch that may eventually be tagged 092 or something.
>>
>> Sorry, Ken, answer is "not yet".
>>
>> There are two things we want to do in this area:
>>
>> 1.  Change from cvs to git.
>> 2.  automatically release patched versions of the current release.
>>
>> As you know, we currently have 0.91 stable and patched, but "patched"
>> includes all patches since the release.
>
> Well, not *all* the patches.  This one:
>
> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2011q3/027293.html
>
> still needs to be applied and I still haven't figured out how using cvs.
> With git it would be a simple cherry-pick, but with cvs I *think* I need to
> know the name of the stable branch, check it out, and reapply the patch (or
> is there a way to merge an individual file from one branch to another?).
> It sounds simple, but I have not been able to figure out how to figure out
> the name of the stable branch.  There is no "show branch" command (nor is
> there a "show tag" since branches are apparently tags in cvs).

I'll have a look. Patches in CVS are terrible stuff. You have to
checkout with an option (-T if I remember) and that commit from this
directory. There is a Branch for 0.91, of course! ?Yes, in cvs tags
and branches are quite the same, there is only a different flag that
say that when committed the tag automatically move with the commit...
a really nightmare!

bye
Frediano