freetds - Re: [freetds] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bower, Wayne (Wayne)" <Wayne.Bower AT lsi.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:34:00 -0500

The problem appears to be restricted only to procedures with output
parameters. We have not encountered the problem with any procedure that only
has input parameters.

We can only avoid the problem by either not using 'SET NOCOUNT ON' or moving
'SET NOCOUNT ON' to a later point in the procedure. This is demonstrated by
the different examples in the test case. Also note that having output
parameters and 'SET NOCOUNT ON' as the first statement does not guarantee
failure as shown with the example that begins with print "\nCreate $proc with
input, output, select, init SET NOCOUNT\n";