freetds - Re: [freetds] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error (SQL-HY010)
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 15:11:42 -0500

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 08:27:29 -0500
Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net> wrote:

> On that topic, is there now a branch/tag structure that port
> maintainers can now follow too? For instance something like a
> 091-stable branch that may eventually be tagged 092 or something.

Sorry, Ken, answer is "not yet".

There are two things we want to do in this area:

1. Change from cvs to git.
2. automatically release patched versions of the current release.

As you know, we currently have 0.91 stable and patched, but "patched"
includes all patches since the release. The filename never changes;
the only way to know what's in the patched version is by looking at
ChangeLog.

I've agreed to move to git for others' benefit, even though I don't
use it myself for anything else. I've been reluctant to start because
once begun it must be finished, and while unfinished there will be no
updated tarballs of release or HEAD. Or we have to re-port, or
something.

I hope it's understandable that I'm putting off dealing with
relase-patch versioning until we're using git.

If OTOH we stick with CVS for the foreseeable future because it really
is "good enough" for our purposes, I could focus on modifying the
existing scripts toward that end. If overnight patched release
tarballs stopped working, even for a few weeks, the earth would
continue to rotate on its axis.

If you are reading this and feel you have the energy, time, and
knowledge to do the job, you know where to find me.