freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:16:16 -0500

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:52:37 -0300
Luis Lavena <luislavena AT gmail.com> wrote:

> > It might be that the first use of fopen() in FreeTDS is for the locale
> > file.
> >

> Is the file copied to the target? perhaps the crash associated is
> because the locale file cannot be read or is not in the expected
> location.

I'm not answering for the OP. I just want to repeat what Frediano said:
fopen(3) returns NULL on failure, and that case is handled in
tds_get_locale(). FreeTDS won't crash if there's no locale.conf; it uses
compiled-in defaults instead. But if fopen(3) crashes, that's another story.
On an embedded platform such as the one under discussion, that's not a crazy
possibility.

If fopen(3) crashes and the first call to fopen(3) is in tds_get_locale(),
then we can't say fopen(3) works. Maybe it doesn't work at all; maybe it
doesn't work if the file is missing. Both cases are easy to verify and ISTM
worth checking.

Or, maybe this is just a wild goose chase. In any case, it doesn't look like
a FreeTDS bug.