freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Thomas Stover <thomas AT wsinnovations.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:51:23 -0600

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:17:21 +0100
> From: "Xander Maas (GMAIL)" <xjmaas AT gmail.com>
> To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
> Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Took a while, but my work permits me to continue on this project.
>
> Right now I am using the 0.83.dev.20110125 snapshot. This compiles like
> charm on my Mac. I created a universal library out of it, usable for arm
> (iPhone) and i386 (Simulator).
>
> I included the libs into my new project, which compiles without any
> problems or warnings. BUT (There is always one, isn't it?) when I try to
> test my app in the Simulator, the app crashes because there is a call to
> fopen in the function tds_get_locale.
>
> Is there anyone who has seen the same?
>
> Regards,
>
> Xander

I'm just curious. (these are serious questions)

Do you intend to talk SQL over the cell network or wifi?

Aren't you not allowed to open source libraries on iphone unless the come
with the sdk?

So ios is at least somewhat posix-ish enough run libraries like freetds?

Is fopen() a function you can normal use?

--
www.thomasstover.com
NO CARRIER