freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 11:15:53 -0500

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 04:08:36PM +0100, Xander Maas wrote:

> ./configure --disable-shared
> --prefix=/Users/xjmaas/Desktop/FreeTDS_iOS/DEV_BUILD --disable-server
> --disable-odbc --disable-pool --host=arm-apple-darwin9
>
> And this is the error i get on stderr/stdout (console/terminal):
>
> configure:19642: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
> See `config.log' for more details.

OK. I don't what the real problem is but I see where it's pointing. Cf.
http://www.xjmaas.nl/config_log.txt lines 5640-5643.

If you scrape out the C code from lines 5648-5726 and try to build it using
the command line on 5640, I wager you'll see an error. Someone who
understands iOS4 might be able to correct the gcc invocation options for you.
It seems to be having trouble finding glibc.

The underlying problem might be the versions of autoconf & friends that
generate the configure script. I wouldn't be surprised, because they're old
and iOS is new. You might be better off using CVS to create a development
tree, and generating your own configure script using newer autotools. I'd be
interested to hear if that works, because I'm in the process of upgrading
myself.