freetds - Re: [freetds] building on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] building on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:42:02 -0500

Paul Thurston wrote:

> Building FreeTDS on Windows is quite a chore.

I wrote a makefile for nmake.exe that builds db-lib. (It could easily be
extended for ODBC; that just wasn't my goal.) I *thought* I committed it,
but I see not. If someone's interested and you don't see it in Monday's
snapshot, complain to me.

> I recently did a successful native build in Windows 2008 and Vista
> Enterprise.

XP and VS 2005.

> There are some code bugs in the build (particularly in the net.c file)
> which don't handle Windoze socket initialization.

I had some issues along those lines. I assert they're fixed in CVS HEAD:

Fri Feb 6 19:22:16 EST 2009 JK Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>
* include/sybdb.h include/tds.h src/dblib/dblib.c
* src/tds/convert.c src/tds/mem.c src/tds/net.c
- better winsock initialization and dbdatecrack

If you found other problems, please send your patch.