freetds - Re: [freetds] building on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paul Thurston" <pthurston AT netegrate.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] building on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:18:17 -0500

Building FreeTDS on Windows is quite a chore.

I recently did a successful native build in Windows 2008 and Vista
Enterprise.

There are some code bugs in the build (particularly in the net.c file) which
don't handle Windoze socket initialization.

Minimally, you'll need a compiler, at least Visual Studio VC6 or above. I
used VC9.

I don't recommend gong the cygwin route. The performance hit is substantial.