freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 11
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:56:36 -0500

Michal Seliga wrote:

> - always when i close database connection server reports:
> Connection terminated abnormally
> Disconnected TCPIP client's AppInfo: HOST=visibuntu;PID=1906
> however freetds & odbc don't seem to detect any problem (according to
> logs)

Which API are you using? Does it happen with bsqldb/bsqlodbc/tsql/sqsh?
A TDSDUMP log of the session would help. If all applications produce the
same error, a tcpdump(8) log might be helpful, too, but don't post that
until we know we need it.

> - sometimes happens that after a while connection is lost (all execs
> fail with message about connection terminated).

I would file this under "fix what you know is broken". It might be
related to the servers' complaint.

> - when i made simple program which in loop opened connection, made exec
> of simple select and closed connection, then after several tries it
> hangs while processing SQLFreeHandle. these logs i can send if needed

If you could make the test as simple as possible, post the code here.
Perhaps it has something to do with your particular
environment/OS/network.