freetds - Re: [freetds] building on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] building on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:13:49 -0600

On Dec 18, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Ryan Perry wrote:

I'm using Strawberry perl on Windows to connect to MSSQL. On the
machine I want to build on I don't think I have a compiler of any kind
(maybe perl installed one?). I want to connect using DBD::Sybase, but
I don't understand how to install FreeTDS on Windows (I usually live
in unix land). Some guidance would be much appreciated...

I'm pretty sure recent versions come with gcc via mingw, though the home page at <http://strawberryperl.com/> is rather devoid of actual information about what's in it. I would say try to get to a shell prompt, pretend it's not Windows, and see what blows up. Apparently it comes with DBD::ODBC, so that may be another option if DBD::Sybase proves troublesome (but you'd still need FreeTDS's driver).

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser