freetds - Re: [freetds] BCP/ISQL Trusted connection? [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] BCP/ISQL Trusted connection? [NC]
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:22:42 -0400

Just a FYI, when I try the following:

bash-3.2$ bcp db..table out table.dat -S MSNYCACRT01 -U AME\\CRouvrai -P ''
-c -t"|"
Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1
Server 'MPKASSQL02DV\MSNYCCRSD02', Line 1
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be
used with Windows authentication.
Msg 18452, Level 14
General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server

Msg 20002, Level 9
Adaptive Server connection failed

Can't connect to server "MSNYCACRT01".

Thanks,

Cedric

Cedric
ROUVRAIS/us/socge
n To
FreeTDS Development Group
10/27/2009 01:08 <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
PM cc

Subject
BCP/ISQL Trusted
connection? [NC](Document
link: Cedric ROUVRAIS)

Hi guys,

The microsoft utilities have the ability to use the nt credentials of the
current user to connect to the SQL Server (e.g. bcp -T option). Is this
possible with FreeTDS? I ask the question because our scripts have the
passwords in them, if we can switch to trusted, there will be no need to
put the passwords in.

Thanks,

Cedric

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended
solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible
to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or
affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.