freetds - Re: [freetds] BCP/ISQL Trusted connection? [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] BCP/ISQL Trusted connection? [NC]
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:34:18 -0400

Hi,

I am getting the following issue on a linux box:

bash-3.2$ bcp formdb..v_fxo_cre_posted out v_fxo_cre_posted.dat -c -t"|" -S
MSNYCRDFP01 -U '' -P ''
Msg 20002, Level 9
Adaptive Server connection failed

Can't connect to server "MSNYCRDFP01".

If I put my NT user account and password I get the following

bash-3.2$ bcp formdb..v_fxo_cre_posted out v_fxo_cre_posted.dat -c -t"|" -S
MSNYCRDFP01 -U 'NT_Domain\\NT_login' -P 'passwordOfAccount'
Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1
Server 'VSNYCINSQL30\MSNYCCRS01', Line 1
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be
used with Windows authentication.
Msg 18452, Level 14
General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server

Msg 20002, Level 9
Adaptive Server connection failed

Can't connect to server "MSNYCRDFP01".

However if I type id

bash-3.2$ id
uid=35677(crouvrai)

Where crouvrai is in fact my NT login without the domain.

Thanks for any insight, I also forwarded your response to the unix dudes
who configured the server, they haven't come back yet.

Cedric

|------------------------------
| Frediano Ziglio
| <freddy77 AT gmail.c
| om>
| Sent by:
| freetds-bounces@l
| ists.ibiblio.org
|

| 10/28/2009 05:54
| AM
|

| Please respond to
| FreeTDS
| Development Group
| <freetds AT lists.ib
| iblio.org>

FreeTDS Development Group
<freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] BCP/ISQL
Trusted connection? [NC]

2009/10/27 Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>:
> Just a FYI, when I try the following:
>
> bash-3.2$ bcp db..table out table.dat -S MSNYCACRT01 -U AME\\CRouvrai -P
''
> -c -t"|"
> Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1
> Server 'MPKASSQL02DV\MSNYCCRSD02', Line 1
>        Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be
> used with Windows authentication.
> Msg 18452, Level 14
> General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server
>
> Msg 20002, Level 9
> Adaptive Server connection failed
>
> Can't connect to server "MSNYCACRT01".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cedric

If "AME" is your domain, "CRouvrai" is your username and "" is your
password should work. Keep mind that windows use the account stored
when you login. To get similar behaviour under Unix you have to
configure kerberos support with pam saving account in your store. The
command in this case will be

bash-3.2$ bcp db..table out table.dat -S MSNYCACRT01 -U '' -P ''