freetds - Re: [freetds] Need for 0.83 as stable version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Need for 0.83 as stable version
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:40:08 +0200

2009/6/3 Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any plan to make a stable release with 0.83?

Currently we have two stopover before a release... to sum up
- charset override for bcp
- strange rowset processing on dblib

If you use odbc there is no stopover...

> We experienced problems with 0.82 that are fixed in 0.83, but
> our customers hesitate to use a "non-stable" version.

I agree with your customers :)
The problem is that usually we release too stable releases :)

> Maybe some roadmap / plans on the website would help, just to
> give an idea of the future versions (availability, features).

The problem is that our stuff (currently me and James!) is quite busy
to do any plan...