freetds - Re: [freetds] Need for 0.83 as stable version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Need for 0.83 as stable version
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 22:06:13 -0400

Andrew Victor wrote:
> > Anyone who wants more certainty is welcome to lend a hand. That
> > doesn't necessarily mean coding, although code's a plus. Detailed bug
> > reports save me investigation time, and I don't know of one that went
> > unanswered.
>
> The CTLib issues I've posted about previously?
> Specifically, the:
> - Handling of Unicode and NVARCHAR fields. (I did submit a patch)
> - Empty values being sent as NULLs

I believe the technical term for that is "falling through the cracks".
I'll have to speak to my assistant. Oh, right.... :-/

I applied your patch. Thank your for sending it, and for the reminder.
Sorry about the delay.

Regarding empty/NULL in ct-lib, I added it to BUGS.

ct-lib doesn't get the attention it deserves. No one has contributed much
to it in the last few years. As for me, I don't know the API very well,
and don't have much cause to learn it. So little problems like this hang
around until someone digs in and figures out what to do.

Regards,