freetds - Re: [freetds] libtdsocdbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT dodds.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] libtdsocdbc.so
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 00:13:56 -0700

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:21:26PM -0400, Minoo, Dariush wrote:

> 'yum install' requires root permission which I don't have.
> The unixODBC that I have downloaded is unixODBC-2.2.12. The
> isql.h and isqlext.h that are in this package are in:

> Drivers/Postgre7.1/isql.h
> Drivers/nn/isql.h
> exe/isql.h

> Drivers/Postgre7.1/isqlext.h
> Drivers/nn/isqlext.h

> The DriverManager directory does not have isql.h and isqlext.h.
> Do I have the correct unixODBC?

The header is called sql.h in UnixODBC, not isql.h. You probably need to
specify --with-unixodbc=/path/to/unixodbc when running ./configure, since -
given that you don't have root - unixodbc won't be installed in the system
path.

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek AT ubuntu.com vorlon AT debian.org