freetds - Re: [freetds] TDS versions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dossy Shiobara <dossy AT panoptic.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] TDS versions
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:27:23 -0400

On 2008.05.28, James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org> wrote:
> No, I hadn't read it. Thanks for pointing it out.

You're welcome! Glad to help.

> TDS and SQL Server are conspicuously absent from the list in the above
> document, but it appears Microsoft was simply sloppy about what it
> includes. [...]

Indeed, this is a fairly new effort for Microsoft, and I think as the
general community of individuals interested in interoperability (wow,
that was a mouthful), we should work _with_ Microsoft to help them
complete the list and patent mapping, etc., to make clear what is and
isn't covered. Then, we can move foward with a bit more confidence as
to what the Open Source community can participate in without fear of
patent infringement, etc.

> And, if the topic interests you, I encourage you to write politely to
> Microsoft to request the website be updated to make clear TDS's status
> regarding the MCPP pledge.

I will write an email asking for the update and will let you all know
if/when I receive a response.

--
Dossy Shiobara | dossy AT panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network | http://panoptic.com/