freetds - Re: [freetds] MS-SQL ntext fields?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rich Young" <rich AT experienceplus.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MS-SQL ntext fields?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:59:22 -0700

Freddy & James-
Thanks for the tip on specifying the TDS Version in tsql - it
was running version 4.2, and specifying 8.0 enabled the problem queries
to run fine. isql runs the same queries without trouble (and always
has), but PHP is still crashing.

I'm beginning to think this is a PHP bug rather than a freeTDS
bug.... Do you agree?

I'm reading up on how to get a gdb backtrace from the PHP crash,
but I suspect it might be more fruitful to browse PHP bug discussions.
Chances are it's not a new bug, as I'm using CentOS and its relatively
conservative package choices.

BTW, I fed you a snippet from the wrong freetds.conf - I had
omitted the tds version = line in a different one. After making that
correction, the query runs fine in tsql without explicitly setting the
TDS version. (Sadly, adding the correct tds version instruction to the
conf file that actually matters didn't clear up my PHP crashing
trouble.)

--------------------------
I'm Rich Young, and I approved this message.

<snip>
> > * PHP scripts containing certain queries are segfaulting unless I
> > comment out the odbc_result() calls to certain fields in the query
> > results.
>
> Here a gdb backtrace would help.

<snip>
> tsql do not use odbc.ini so it use default protocol version (probably
> 4.2) which do not support n-types so server complaints.
> Prepend TDSVER=8.0 like
>
> TDSVER=8.0 tsql -Sserver -Uuser -Ppassword

<snip>