freetds - Re: [freetds] MS-SQL ntext fields?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MS-SQL ntext fields?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:44:58 +0100

> Freddy & James-
> Thanks for the tip on specifying the TDS Version in tsql - it
> was running version 4.2, and specifying 8.0 enabled the
> problem queries
> to run fine. isql runs the same queries without trouble (and always
> has), but PHP is still crashing.
>
> I'm beginning to think this is a PHP bug rather than a freeTDS
> bug.... Do you agree?

Difficult to say. Perhaps our library is returning some invalid data
that cause PHP to core so perhaps error occur in PHP but problem is our
driver...
Which client charset are you using?

> I'm reading up on how to get a gdb backtrace from the PHP crash,
> but I suspect it might be more fruitful to browse PHP bug discussions.
> Chances are it's not a new bug, as I'm using CentOS and its relatively
> conservative package choices.

Get "php script.php" running (and coring too) now you can

$ gdb $(which php) core*

and at gdb prompt

$ bt

(to get back trace) or