freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL connection question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew Ballard" <Andrew.Ballard AT mail.wvu.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL connection question
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:23:38 -0400

Well, it hasn't really been decided. They are only using string
statements right now, since they are currently using mySQL. However, I
liked using stored procedures or parameterized queries in ASP in part
because of the caching benefits in SQL Server and in part because doing
it that way closed up most SQL injection attempts when our developers
accessed the database without having to reinvent the wheel. (I also
liked them because they made SQL strings easier to read without
concatenating variables into the string wrapped in functions to handle
escaping special characters, null values, etc.)

However, I'm always open to feedback.

Andrew

>>> Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com 5/4/2006 3:42 AM >>>