freetds - [freetds] Problem with TSQL after compiling as Universal Binary on Intel macs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ben Borofka" <bborofka AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Problem with TSQL after compiling as Universal Binary on Intel macs
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:54:41 -0700

I've been using TSQL to connect to a Microsoft SQL server for a while.
Recently, I downloaded the latest version of FreeTDS on a PPC and
Intel Macs, compiled the source, then merged the TSQL binaries into a
Universal Binary. It seems to connect fine on the PPC Macs, but I am
having intermittent connection problems on Intel Macs. Totally
randomly, TSQL will connect fine, but most of the time, it won't
connect after repeated attempts. I get the "login incorrect" error.
I'm not sure why it won't connect.

I've looked at the logs on the server and they aren't giving me much
help. They say:

The description for Event ID ( 17052 ) in Source ( MSSQLSERVER )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a
remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to
retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The
following information is part of the event: Error: 17832, Severity:
20, State: 7 Connection opened but invalid login packet(s) sent. Connection closed..

Any clues as to what I could do to the server or TSQL to make it connect?

Thanks.

Ben

  • [freetds] Problem with TSQL after compiling as Universal Binary on Intel macs, Ben Borofka, 05/04/2006