freetds - [freetds] 0.64rc2 Debian prerelease packages available

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT dodds.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 0.64rc2 Debian prerelease packages available
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:41:59 -0800

Hey all,

I've made packages of freetds 0.64rc2 available for Debian unstable at
<http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/freetds/>. Binaries available for i386,
alpha, and amd64 architectures.

The packages include two patches of significance. One is a further fix for
64-bit ODBC compatibility which I'd like to submit for consideration for
0.64; without it, FreeTDS fails to build on 64-bit Debian systems with
gcc-4.0. (On non-Debian systems, it may build successfully only because
UnixODBC is currently not 64-bit clean by default upstream.)

The other is a re-worked locale patch, replacing the ill-fated locale patch
in Debian sarge (yes, this means the Debian packages will no longer be
screwing up your date formats!); I think it's ready to be submitted for
inclusion in FreeTDS, though probably not for 0.64.

I have no plans to upload freetds 0.64rc2 to Debian, waiting instead for the
0.64 release. In the meantime, feedback on these packages is welcome. I've
rebuilt sqsh and php4-sybase against 0.64rc2, and they seem to work fine --
I imagine other packages should also rebuild ok against the new library
versions.

Cheers,
vorlon AT debian.org http://www.debian.org/