freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.64rc2 Debian prerelease packages available

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT dodds.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.64rc2 Debian prerelease packages available
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:27:37 -0800

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:13:17PM +0100, Nick Gorham wrote:
> ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> >>Hey all,

> >>I've made packages of freetds 0.64rc2 available for Debian unstable at
> >><http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/freetds/>. Binaries
> >>available for i386,
> >>alpha, and amd64 architectures.

> >>The packages include two patches of significance. One is a
> >>further fix for
> >>64-bit ODBC compatibility which I'd like to submit for
> >>consideration for
> >>0.64; without it, FreeTDS fails to build on 64-bit Debian systems with
> >>gcc-4.0. (On non-Debian systems, it may build successfully
> >>only because
> >>UnixODBC is currently not 64-bit clean by default upstream.)

> What unixODBC release is it based on? What is the 64 bit problem?

2.2.11. Frediano has already posted the patch in question, which is
required in order to build on 64-bit platforms with the
BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE option. Debian's UnixODBC libs are built with
BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE, because things just plain break on 64-bit archs
without it.

vorlon AT debian.org http://www.debian.org/