freetds - [freetds] column and tablename case translation between oracle and sql server over freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Zemke <jdzemke AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] column and tablename case translation between oracle and sql server over freetds
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:47:28 -0800 (PST)

Anyone - When I create a table in oracle over a
database link in oracle using freetds and connecting
to a sql server database, the table name and columns
names are brought over in lower case. Therefore, when
I select a column from the newly created table in
oracle I have to put quotes around the column names.

For example,
create table xxempi.xxbi_invoice_fact as select * from
invoice_fact@edev2_to_sqltest01;

In the example, above the create table statement is
run in oracle and selects from a table in sql server
over a database link (the database link uses freetds).

However, the newly create table definition,
specifically the columns, will be forced in lower
case.

CREATE TABLE "xxbi_invoice_fact"
(
"invoice_pk" NUMBER(18) NOT NULL,
"invoice_id" VARCHAR2(15 BYTE) NOT NULL,
"primary_claim_code" VARCHAR2(15 BYTE) NOT NULL,

Is there a parameter to fix this or a workaround
someone could share? Thanks.

Dan

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/release_candidates/fre